Thursday, June 13, 2013

Blog Assignment # 5


Longwitche Listening and Comprehens

I thought this was a great blog about podcasts. I was shockphoto of different technologyed to learn that they use podcast in first and second grade. That is amazing ! Students should be taught at an early age how to use technology because they will be using it for the rest of their life. The students were not just learning how to do podcasts but learning language by using podcasts. Podcasts are a great way for the students to learn because it keeps students engaged and excited about learning.

The Benefits of Podcasting In The Classroom
I thought this video was great. I never realized that people born after 1980 have always had so much technology available to them. This video makes many great points about why podcasting is useful. One point the video makes is that if a student is out sick, they can still get what was taught in class that day. Another reason podcasts are great for classrooms is because parents can keep up with what is going on in the classroom, as well as help their child with homework.

Langwitches Blog Flat Stanley Podcast

I thought Flat Stanley was a great idea. Having the class make a podcast where the students were able to create their own story was an amazing way for the students to learn. This activity allowed students to let their mind and creativity roam free. More schools should be teaching this way. The most important thing teachers can teach students is the use of technology and how to use their creativity.

4 comments:

  1. Jamie,

    You definitely need clickable links and a picture with your post! Also, you seemed to not use the plural form of "podcast" when you should have. I agree that creativity is one of the most important things in life. So many people lose it as they grow up but it is what makes the world go round in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie,

    I too agree that podcasts have done amazing things. It is great that children can still learn if they are home sick. Also, the parent involvement that technology has created is great. As Elizabeth said, be sure to post your links and a picture. It would hard for me at first but I think I've got it figured out now. I made a "cheat sheet" that includes all of the codes needed for a successful blog post. If you want me to share it with you, I'd be glad to. Just let me know! Also, In your first paragraph I see a run on sentence. "That is amazing, students should be taught..." should be two sentences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plural form of podcast is podcasts. You fail to use the plural form in several places where the plural is called for:

    "...great blog about podcast."
    "...they use podcast in first ..."
    "... by using podcast." or put a in front of podcast
    "Podcast was a great way..." and were instead of was when you make podcast plural. It would be even better to use are instead of the past tense were and to change kept to keep. The past tense is not appropriate here.
    "Another reason podcast are..."

    Remove these commas "...for classrooms is, because..." and "...on in the classroom, and help their..."
    These commas should also be removed: "...can teach students is, the use of technology, and how to use..."

    "...make a podcast, where the students were able to creat their own story was an amazing way..." Add a comma after story.

    "...able to creat their own story..." create, not creat

    This is the third straight post in which your post was unacceptable because of writing errors. Consequently, I am requiring you to make an appointment with the Writing Center. I first thought you needed to proofread. Now I think you need more help. This is a requirement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie,

    I completely agree with you when you say that more schools should be allowing the creativity to "roam free". It is so sad that we have all of these great resources and tools for learning, but we are not letting students run free to learn and be inspired by something. If you ever need a second opinion, or want someone to look over your writing before you post it feel free to email me.

    ReplyDelete